August 2018 goals
All right, it's only been about two weeks since July's goals were posted instead of the usual four or five weeks since I was so incredibly late with July's. But it's that time anyway, so let's see how I did in July (or in what remained of it) and what I'm going to do during August!
As usual, I'll update the progress on July's goals, then set new August goals.
Update on the July 2018 goals:
- Book Two of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBA): Address about two-thirds of the beta reader comments. Stretch goal: address all of them! Start in on the final edits!
- Result: Mmm, maybe success? I feel like I've addressed at least two-thirds of them based on sheer numbers. But I did save the hardest ones for last, so maybe not in terms of time? Regardless, I'm feeling good about finishing these by the end of this week, so that's almost meeting the stretch goal when you consider that Friday is only August 3rd.
- Sam's story, the Troupe-only side story: Edit then publish Chapter 2 in The Troupe newsletter at the end of July. Stretch goal: Start editing Chapter 3.
- Result: Success! Chapter 2 went out in yesterday's email so that's awesome. And technically I started editing Chapter 3 too, even if I didn't get very far (we're talking a paragraph or two in). Either way, things are looking good!
- Start preparing for the Book Two launch, including setting a target date. Stretch goal: Analyze the June summer flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt sales and launch strategy accordingly.
- Result: Success! I set a target launch date (that I'm not sharing so that I can change it at any time without letting anyone down), though I didn't do much prep outside of that. And I'm about halfway through analyzing the June summer flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation, so that's pretty good too.
- Schedule cross promotions, giveaways, etc. for August. Start in on September's.
- Result: Hmmm, I guess half-success? I'm doing okay, but I don't have everything scheduled for August yet, partially because I'm waiting for responses. I do have a few things scheduled for September already, so maybe it all balances out?
August 2018 Goals
As always, these are informed by my ninety-day goals for July through September 2018.
- Book Two of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBA): Finish addressing beta reader comments by August 10th. Be halfway through addressing comments from the final editing pass by the end of the month. Stretch goal: Finish beta reader comments by August 3rd and final edits by August 24th.
- Sam's story, the Troupe-only side story: Edit then publish Chapter 3 in The Troupe newsletter in mid-August, along with the survey that lets readers choose what Sam does next! Write and edit a flash fiction story while waiting for the survey results. Stretch goal: Start back in on Sam's story by the end of the month.
- Finish analyzing the June summer flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt sales and launch strategy accordingly.
- Start in on tasks in my launch preparation spreadsheet for Book Two.
- Finish scheduling cross promotions, giveaways, etc. for August and September.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year. Even though I'm not where I want to be (yet), it's fun to see how I've come.