December 2018 goals
Annnd it's the last month of the year! Time to hit all my goals for 2018 in the space of three short weeks...yeah, okay, that isn't going to happen. But let's see what I can do.
As usual, I'll update the progress on November's goals, then set new goals for December.
November 2018 goal update:
- Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBA): Get about halfway through addressing comments from copyediting. Stretch goal: Finish them!
- Result: Success! I mean, I didn't come close to that stretch goal, but I am more than halfway through addressing the comments from the copyediting of Book Three despite Thanksgiving throwing a wrench into everything. And I'm on track to deliver Book Three to its beta readers by the end of the year, which is my (adjusted) goal for 2018.
- Season two of Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Finalize outline. Write rough draft. Fully edit Chapter 4 so it's writing for "publishing" (i.e. sending out to the Troupe) by early December.
- Result: Fail. I ended up prioritizing working on Book Three over Sam's story, so Sam's story is behind. That said, the rough draft of season two is done. This past Friday, I read through it, checking for any obvious plot holes or inconsistencies and the good news is that I really like how it turned out! Now I just have to refine it through a couple of rounds of editing, and it'll be ready to go. Of course, editing takes me at least twice as long as writing (and probably more like four or five times as long), so I've still got quite a bit of work ahead of me before I release Sam's story: season two to you all.
- Analyze the results of A Brush with Betrayal's launch as well as the previous fall flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt both launch and promotion strategies accordingly..
- Result: Fail. Hard fail. I didn't get to any of this. But I had it on my to-do list, so that counts, right? Oh well, guess this moves to December.
- Start playing around with Amazon ads!
- Result: Success! I ran four Amazon ads throughout most of November, and set up another seven(!) a couple days ago. I'm still only using super-low bids, so I'm not getting a whole lot of impressions or clicks, but I'm learning.
- Schedule cross promotions and giveaways through December and into January.
- Result: Success! December's pretty much all set, unless I see something irresistible and January promotion-planning has started.
December 2018 Goals
- Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBA): Finish addressing all comments from copyediting. Deliver to beta readers.
- Season two of Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Complete all developmental editing comments. Complete line editing, copyediting, and proofreading of Chapter 4, so it's ready to go. Stretch goal: Start in on line editing of Chapter 5.
- Analyze the results of A Brush with Betrayal's launch as well as the previous fall flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt both launch and promotion strategies accordingly.
- Monitor Amazon ads, making new ads as needed.
- Schedule cross promotions and giveaways through January and into February.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year. Even though I'm not where I want to be (yet), it's fun to see how far I've come.