May 2018 Goals
All right, we're back to business as usual. And it's the end of the month, so you know what that means. It's goals time!
As usual, I'll update the progress on April's goals then set some May goals. Easy peasy. Well...maybe. (You'll see what that means.) This time with gifs!
Update on April 2018 Goals
- Book Two of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBA): Finish print readthrough. Deliver to beta readers.
- Result: Success! Even got it done early. :)
- Book Three: Self-edit through about midway what is currently marked as Chapter 28. Stretch goal: Finish Chapter 28.
- Result: Well, I hit that regular goal—I'm roughly two-thirds of the way through Chapter 28. So I guess I ended up right in between my regular goal and my stretch goal, which ain't too shabby.
- Analyze the book launch of A Brush with Vampires (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book One). Adapt both launch and long-term marketing strategies accordingly.
- Result: Yeah...I mean, I started so I get credit for that, right? I'm probably about a quarter of the way through my analysis. Granted, as a former engineer whose job was to analyze large amounts of data, my analyses are on the thorough side of things (maybe too much so, but that's a problem for another day). Anyway, this one is making its way to May's goals.
- Schedule cross promotions, giveaways, etc. for May and June.
- Result: I'm calling it a success. May's good and June is about halfway there. To some degree, I have to be patient since not everyone likes to get things scheduled waaaaaay beforehand like me.
May 2018 Goals
- Book Two of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBA): On hold*.
- Book Three: Self-edit through what is currently marked as Chapter 33. Stretch goal: FINISH IT. (This is super unlikely. Even more unlikely than usual. But hey, if that goat can do it, maybe I can too.)
- Finish analyzing the book launch of A Brush with Vampires (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book One). Adapt both launch and long-term marketing strategies accordingly.
- Finish scheduling cross promotions, giveaways, etc. for June. Start in on July's.
*So this is what I was referring to at the beginning. I decided to put Book Two on hold for a few weeks. The beta reader comments are due May 13th, but since I'm getting so close to finishing the self-editing of Book Three, it made more sense to finish those up first, then switch back to Book Two. It does delay the release of Book Two by a few weeks, but it actually pulls in the release of Books Three and Four by a few weeks each, so it's a win for readers overall (even if it means Book Two is coming out a bit later). And it means I'm working more efficiently, which makes my little engineer's heart super-happy.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year.