May 2019 goals
Well, April went much better for me than March! Though I did maybe cheat a little bit, by posting this a week late. But hey, I did have to tell you about the great Thrills and Chills Signed Paperback Giveaway, so it wasn't on purpose...
Anyway, let's dive in. As usual, I'll update the progress on April's goals, then set new goals for May.
April 2019 goal update:
- A Brush with Blood (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book Three): Work on the final editing pass. Get at least halfway through addressing comments. Stretch goal: Finish addressing comments by the end of the month, preferably by April 22nd, 2019.
- Result: Success! I've actually already finished addressing all 900+ comments. Not by the date mentioned in the stretch goal, but I'll take it. Now, I'm doing one quick final check before I send it off to The Certain Cell, my team of advance readers. :)
- Book Four of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBD): On hold.
- Result: Success! As usual, I successfully left this on hold.
- Season two of Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Release Chapter 7 to the Troupe. Line edit, copyedit, and do the final editing pass on Chapter 8, so it's ready to go on April 30th. Stretch goal: Start in on the line editing of Chapter 9.
- Result: Success! Yup, Chapter 7 made it out to the Troupe, as did Chapter 8. And I did start the line editing of Chapter 9 too. :)
- Close out the launch of A Brush with Betrayal. Prepare for the launch of Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash series.
- Result: Success! I finally closed out A Brush with Betrayal's launch, just in time to prepare for the launch of A Brush with Blood, lol.
- Continue work with Amazon ads. Get up to 3000 impressions a day without going over 35c bids (side note: may not be possible right now). Generate master list of keywords to try.
- Result: Success! I mean, I did end up nudging my bids up to 40c, but that was after some complicated math showed that 40c was about the right maximum bid (instead of my earlier 35c bid), at least based on the estimates I have right now. I also generated and used that master list of keywords resulting in...8500 impressions a day, waaaaaay beyond my goal of 3000 impressions a day. So yeah, these are going well. Amazing what an extra week can do!
- Schedule cross promotions and giveaways through May and into June.
- Result: Quasi-success! I've scheduled all my giveaways through May and June. I've tried a few times to schedule cross promotions in May, but I'm having a hard time nailing people down. But it'll all work out one way or another. And I do have a few cross promotions scheduled all the way out in July, so there's that.
May 2019 Goals
- A Brush with Blood (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book Three): Start and finish the quick final check. Deliver to The Certain Cell (my team of advance readers) no later than May 17th.
- Book Four of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBD): On hold. Stretch goal: Start back in on it!
- Season two of Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Finish line editing, copyedit, and do the final editing pass on Chapters 9 and 10. Deliver both + the survey to the Troupe by the end of the month.
- Prepare for the launch of A Brush with Blood.
- Monitor Amazon ads. Add new ads as needed to maintain current performance of about 8500 impressions per day.
- Finish scheduling cross promotions and giveaways in May and into June and beyond.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year.