November 2018 goals
All right, it's a new month and the launch craziness is over. (Well, mostly. I still have a whole lot of analysis to do, regarding what went well and what went better. But that's a task for another day—or more likely, several days.)
As usual, I'll update the progress on October's goals, then set new goals for November.
And heeeere we go!
October 2018 goal update:
- A Brush with Betrayal (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book Two): Launch on Sunday, October 21st, 2018! Do so without stressing myself out!
- Result: Success! This was by far my least stressful launch ever. Note that I'm not saying it wasn't stressful...just not as stressful as past launches. Of course, this time around I worked most weekends for the two-ish months leading up to it, so maybe I cheated a bit. Hopefully I won't have to do that for the next launch? Fingers crossed...
- Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBA): Get about halfway through the copy editing (last round of editing before beta readers). Stretch goal: Get farther (obviously)!
- Result: Yeah, um, nope. Despite the less stressful launch, I did end up cutting back my writing hours for a little over a month. Which is an improvement. During past launches, I've had to give up writing completely to support the launch. But I'm back to writing now, so things should (should) go smoother. And I did finish about a third of the copy editing pass, which isn't nothing.
- Book Four: On hold..
- Result: Success! Lol. Yup, I successfully left it on hold. Go me, I guess?
- Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Based on reader survey, outline what happens next. Write rough draft of next season. Stretch goal: Start in on the editing of season 2.
- Result: Well...this one got hit by a few things. First, I did check out the reader survey and I did make some decisions on what happens next based on it and I did do some outlining. But I'm not done outlining. I ended up with a wee bit of writer's block for this one. That combined with the overall decrease in writing time meant it got put on hold in favor of Book Three. But I'll be getting back to it later this week (and kicking that writer's block's ass!).
- Schedule cross promotions and giveaways throughout November and into December.
- Result: Success! I'm even got some things scheduled for January. :)
November 2018 Goals
- Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash (title TBA): Get about halfway through addressing comments from copy editing. Stretch goal: Finish them!
- Sam's story (Troupe-only side story): Finalize outline. Write rough draft. Fully edit first chapter so it's writing for "publishing" (i.e. sending out to the Troupe) by early December.
- Analyze the results of A Brush with Betrayal's launch as well as the previous fall flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt both launch and promotion strategies accordingly.
- Start playing around with Amazon ads!
- Schedule cross promotions and giveaways through December and into January.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year. Even though I'm not where I want to be (yet), it's fun to see how far I've come.