September 2018 goals
It's that time again: goals time!
As usual, I'll update the progress on August's goals, then set new September goals.
Update on August 2018 goals:
- A Brush with Betrayal (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book Two): Finish addressing beta reader comments by August 10th. Be halfway through addressing comments from the final editing pass by the end of the month. Stretch goal: Finish beta reader comments by August 3rd and final edits by August 24th.
- Result: Success! I'm well over halfway through addressing comments from the final editing pass. In fact, I anticipate finishing these tomorrow! So, not quite my stretch goal but pretty dang close.
- Sam's story, the Troupe-only side story: Edit then publish Chapter 3 in The Troupe newsletter in mid-August, along with the survey that lets readers choose what Sam does next! Write and edit a flash fiction story while waiting for the survey results. Stretch goal: Start back in on Sam's story by the end of the month.
- Result: I'm calling this one a success. The first bit I did (editing + "publishing" Chapter 3 of Sam's story and putting together a survey). The second bit I haven't, but I ended up putting it on the back burner in favor of prepping for the launch of A Brush with Betrayal.
- Finish analyzing the June summer flash sales of A Brush with Vampires and The Impossible Creation. Adapt sales and launch strategy accordingly.
- Result: Success! All done. :)
- Start in on tasks in my launch preparation spreadsheet for Book Two.
- Result: Success! I mean, yes, I'm still waaaaaaay behind where my launch prep spreadsheet says I should be. But that's a problem for future-me. And by future-me, I mean September-me.
- Finish scheduling cross promotions, giveaways, etc. for August and September.
- Result: Success! I finished with the cross promotions and giveaways for August ages ago (as you would expect given that it's the last week in August). I'm all set for cross promotions in September and mostly set for giveaways in September (meaning I have space to add one or two more if any strike my fancy).
September 2018 Goals
As always, these are informed by my ninety-day goals for July through September 2018.
- A Brush with Betrayal (The Clan-Vampire Clash: Book Two): Send the advance review copy to The Certain Cell (my team of advance readers) by September 7th. Finish any last-minute edits by September 30th, completing the book(!).
- Sam's story, the Troupe-only side story: On hold until after the launch of A Brush with Betrayal. Stretch goal: Start back in on Sam's story by the end of the month.
- Book Three of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBA): Prepare the first chapter sneak peek for the back matter of A Brush with Betrayal.
- Book Four of The Clan-Vampire Clash (Title TBD): Finish the outline, then start in on the rough draft. Stretch goal: Get halfway through it.
- Continue working on the tasks in my launch preparation spreadsheet for A Brush with Betrayal. Highest priorities are: deciding on and creating launch bonuses, planning promotions, finalizing copywriting, and preparing a paperback draft.
- Schedule cross promotions for November and on as possible.
And as usual, let's see what I was doing this time last year. Even though I'm not where I want to be (yet), it's fun to see how I've come.